Wednesday, September 3, 2008

good chili




I made this chili tonight for the first time, and everyone loved it! My finicky little eaters snarfed it down. I think one thing that helped my kids to eat it was that I let them be a part of making it.

They helped add ingredients, stir and even an occasional taste test along the way. Once they had helped be a party of making it, they were excited to try "their" dinner. They also liked that they could add a little cheese and sour cream. It was also quick and easy to make. If you brown the meat and onions first, then you could also add it all to a crock pot to simmer all afternoon. Hope you like it!

Ingredients

(I didn't have garlic cloves, so I added garlic powder. I also used canned pinto beans since I was out of chili beans, and it turned out great!)

Directions

  1. Saute meat, onions and garlic until done.
  2. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 2 hours.
Top with cheese and a dollop of sour cream and serve!!

2 comments:

nancy said...

it turned out even with the "old" chili powder? or were you able to get some new? It sounds really good. I like the idea of letting your kids help, maybe that will help my kids try new things.

Jennifer Wheeler said...

Looks yummy. Gonna try it. Thanks for the post!